How to make a paper boat
You can make a paper boat from a single sheet of paper in just a few minutes. Follow these steps to find out how to do it. (Ordinary white printer paper or white origami paper will be perfect for this paper boat.)
- Make sure you crease well. Use a ruler or a paper folder to make tight folds.
- Waterproof your boat! Use a waxed paper from an art store to make your boat last longer, or color one side of the paper completely with a crayon. You can also try to make your boat out of aluminum foil.
- Be aware that the heavier the paper you use, the harder the boat will be to make.
- If you are floating your boat on a large body of water, like a pond, you can tape string onto one end of the boat. Hold on to the other end of the string so that it doesn’t float away!
- Try to get the edges of the paper to line up.